Each Friday, I post a few things that I like or that caught my eye that week.
1. Zombie Race. Yeah, it’s a real thing. You can register as a runner, as a zombie, or just go as a spectator. Also, you can camp there. I have been going back and forth about registering and this morning I see this Amazon Local Deal which makes it basically a crime NOT to register. What better motivation to get in shape this spring than to survive a mini zombie apocalypse?!? Or better yet BE the apocalypse…..
(photo courtesy of ZombieRace Facebook)
2. Ok, back to wedding-related things. If you’re looking for vintage items for your wedding or engagement shoot but don’t necessarily want to buy vintage suitcases or 150 mason jars – check out Little Vintage Rentals – they’re coming soon to NYC and they will be offering a Pre-Launch discount of 25% off!
(photo courtesy of Little Vintage Rentals Instagram)
3. The Unplugged Wedding. This is a really interesting article exploring both sides of the issue – should you ask your guests to turn off their phones? Personally, I don’t mind guests taking photos at weddings. I am a fan of asking people to turn off their phones during the ceremony – this prevents any temptation to jump into the aisle right before the first kiss, and you’ll be sure that someone’s awesome Black Sabbath ringtone won’t interrupt your vows. Another thing that I support 100% is kindly asking guests to leave their iPads and other tablets at home. They’re huge. They look silly. They can seriously block a shot. Please, don’t take pictures with your iPads at weddings.
(photo courtesy of weddinglovely)
4. 101 things to do with your husband rather than watch tv. Pretty good list. Especially for those of us who love TV shows and can easily rip through a season or two of Breaking Bad in a weekend. Especially in the winter when the desire to leave your home is nonexistent. This is great inspiration for spring, to get out there and DO stuff!
6. Grooms Night Out! The SCE Event Group is hosting an informative workshop geared to help all guys that are planning a wedding be a better groom. This groundbreaking and new concept is the first of its kind in the New Jersey area. This is for all grooms-to-be and your best men in the tri-state area. So if you are engaged or planning on popping the question anytime soon, this event is something that you do not want to miss. Experience a guys night out filled with tips, tricks, and information with the NJ based wedding experts of the SCE Event Group. http://sceeventgroup.com/groomsnightout/