Wow! $500 already!
Update on the Kamila Harris Photography Bailout Plan!
So, as you can see in the running total I have going in the right hand column, I have $500 to give away to a deserving couple! I know there’s more coming in the next few days, so please tell those in need to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the contest! I am so excited that my brides are pulling together and donating to help out another bride!!!!
Everyone is hurting right now. Some more than others. Brides-and-grooms-to-be are losing their jobs in record numbers and it’s very upsetting.
I have decided to do something to help.
I want to find a couple who is having a really hard time right now and who is worried about not having to seriously cut back on something very important. If you know someone like this, or if this sounds like you, email me and tell me about it, and I will pick the couple that is most deserving.
The rules – eligible couples will be those getting married after January 10th, 2009, and before June 1st, 2009, and everything needs to be easily verifyable and I will be doing fact-checking to make sure that the couple who TRULY deserves it wins. Any entry with false information will be disqualified.
I created a special email account for this – email@example.com – please send your entries to this email only! Please include your names, contact information, the wedding date and vendor information, and tell me why you or a couple you know deserves a bailout! If you don’t feel comfortable telling me all these details up front, you can just tell me your story and you will be contacted if I need more information or have more questions.
And here is where my clients come in – I will be accepting donations, but there is a benefit to you. Any amount that you donate, up to $250, I will double that number and apply it to your balance due. So if you donate $250, you can take $500 off of your total amount due for your wedding, and the $250 you donated will go to help a couple pay for their wedding. If I already photographed your wedding, the balance you donate will be applied to any albums and prints, or even future photo sessions. If you are not one of my clients but would still like to help, small $5 or $10 donations add up and will be a great help.
Every single cent of the money donated will go directly to a wedding vendor (or vendors!) specified by the winning couple, whether it be photography, entertainment or catering.
The contest starts today, December 10th, 2008, and ends January 10th, 2008. The winning couple will be announced on Saturday, January 17th. It’s up to you to make this happen, so donate today! If you know someone in need TELL THEM about this and send them my way. With your help, we can make someone’s dream wedding happen no matter what the economy is doing!!!
You can Donate HERE
Any questions please contact me!
As questions come in I’ll update this post
– Your privacy is of the utmost importance and nothing will be divulged.
– I will have unbiased help picking out the winner from a group of finalists, but they will be anonymous “stories” so again your privacy will be protected
– You can donate more than $250 but the benefit of a credit to your album package cannot be more than $500, so that is the maximum that will be applied. Basically, I am giving up to $500 per wedding or album, and unfortunately that is the max I can give. I wish I could do more! Especially with albums that are pretty costly and take so much time to design etc, I can’t afford to discount them more than $500.
– Donations must be made between December 10th and January 10th to be eligible for a wedding photography/album discount.
– If you are not my wedding client, your donation can still be doubled and applied to a photo session – engagement, family, maternity. Boudoir sessions are not eligible.
– With their permission, the winning couple will be featured on my blog so everyone can see what impact their donation had.